Carli Beckett Simpson, LL.M.
Carli practices in the areas of federal and state taxation including: tax credit transactions; estate planning; successions; trusts; tax exempt entity compliance; and general business. Her estate planning practice includes assisting clients in designing and implementing their estate plans through the use of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, nonprofit organizations, and family limited liability companies. She also represents clients in succession matters.
Prior to joining Roth Law Firm, Carli practiced in the business group of Phelps Dunbar, LLP, a large regional law firm, advising clients on a wide variety of business transactions, estate planning, trusts, and successions. Before beginning her private law practice, Carli served as attorney advisor to the Honorable Judge Michael B. Thornton at the United States Tax Court in Washington, D.C.
- Advising clients on the tax aspects of various types of entity formations and operations;
- Structuring transactions and businesses to minimize federal, state and local tax liability;
- Providing advice to nonprofit entities on formation, corporate governance, tax exemption, and compliance with tax exempt law;
- Assisting new and expanding businesses to secure federal, state, and local tax and business incentives;
- Representing developers and financial institutions in various aspects of federal and state tax credit transactions, including complete structuring of historic tax credit and new markets tax credit transactions.
- Super Lawyer: Rising Star 2014-2017
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC, LL.M. in Taxation, 2008, with distinction
- Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D. and B.C.L., 2007; Order of the Coif
- Louisiana State University, B.S. in Accounting, 2004, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- National World War II Museum Young Benefactors’ Steering Committee
- Dress for Success New Orleans Board Member
- Bouligny Improvement Association, Board Member
- United States Tax Court